Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

It do not get charge. Soundlink color bluetooth speaker 2…

It do not get...

It do not get charge

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model number of your stereo? How old is it?

Soundlink color bluetooth speaker 2 polar white 5v

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Not turning on

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

Yesterday was working and today I try it and there is not light on

10/8/2017
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you.

Let's begin troubleshooting by doing a hard reset. Please connect the speaker to power. Press and hold the Multi-function button for 10 seconds. While continuing to hold the button, unplug the speaker from power. Then release the Multi-function button. This will discharge any residual power and "reset" the speaker. Please give this a try and let me know the results.

I will return to the store

If the issue persists, you may have a bad charging cable or wall plug. I recommend that you try a different cable and wall plug and see if it will charge with them. If not, the next step is to use your computer and the BOSE SOFTWARE UPDATER to see if there are any firmware updates for your speaker. You can click the link below to access the install page.

http://btu.bose.com

After you accept the user agreement, you will see a link to download the software. Please follow the instructions on the screen and connect your speaker to your computer, then select the Soundlink Color II bluetooth speaker. If there are any updates available for it, please apply them.

If you continue to experience problems after following all of the suggestions, there likely a hardware issue with the speaker.

If your speaker is under warranty you should be able to exchange it.

If the information that I have provided has been helpful, please kindly rate my service so I will receive credit for my efforts. You can give your rating by selecting one of the five stars located on the top right of the question page. Hopefully, I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. If you have any other questions or if you need more help, just let me know. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2nG6XLy and ask for GeekGal. Thank you and have a great day!

I will return it to the store I have a warranty
Thank you but I will return it

That's wonderful! They will either replace it or repair it for you.

If the information that I have provided has been helpful please kindly rate my service.

GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech