Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My Bose Quiet Comfort Headphones have a loose wire in one…

Customer Question
My Bose Quiet Comfort...

My Bose Quiet Comfort Headphones have a loose wire in one earphone that comes loose every once in awhile. Need to send them to a headphone expert for repair.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your GPS unit? How old is it?

I bought it two years ago, Quiet Comfort 25, S/N 069909953111846AE, The Bose company wanted to replace them for a cost of $225. I think it needs a simple soldering job!

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

Before this popped up they worked fine....within the warranty period. Then one earphone stopped until I wiggled the wire, then they worked fine. But I don't want to have to wiggle the wire.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

None. I don't want to open the headphones.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
10/7/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 10 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

You can have a local electronics repair shop fix this for you, or you can arrange to return to Bose for repair:

https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/factory_authorized_service.html

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
Or you can type your rating on your question page if you have any difficulty with the rating system.
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------