Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

7years ago I purchase a SENTRY G5251 and I'm using it y

Customer Question
7years ago I purchase...

7years ago I purchase a SENTRY G5251 and I'm using it y cousin want to buy it how can he change the combination?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It is a sentry G 5251

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

There is no troubleshooting at all I am happy with it but I am moving from a single family to a apartment and I cannot take it with me my cousin need to change the combination

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No only to change the combination

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
10/6/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
On most Sentry Safes, one has, on the one hand, a Factory code, that cannot be changed. It is set at the factory, is the 'highest level' of authoritative code to enter, but it can't be changed by anyone.

On the other hand, with the factory code for the safe, one can set, establish, erase, or de-establish, any 'user code', which codes are at a lower level.

Would you like instructions on changing the user code or user codes?

pls

OK: start by opening your safe with the five-digit factory code.

Then, delete all existing user codes, by pressing P, and entering the five-digit factory code again, then entering

00000 (five zeroes.)

Then, press the P or PROG key again. Enter the five-digit factory code again.

Then, enter a 5-digit code of your choosing, within 5 seconds.

That is the User Code. Re-enter the User Code, to make sure it is working, then close the safe. (And if you're thorough, open the safe again with this new User Code, to make quite sure it works.)

I hope this works for you. Let me know - I'd appreciate a rating for my work, if so.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated! Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help you further to a solution.)