Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I purchased a sony fm/am clock radio from walmart, fargo, nd…

Customer Question
I purchased a sony...

I purchased a sony fm/am clock radio from walmart , fargo, nd many years ago -- for whatever reason it kept going ahead with the time. Decided to buy a new one this spring( cause I like them).. The new one from best buy was perfect, so I thought price is right buy another one for the other night table (king bed) The new one was & is 5 mins fast & so is the other new one. I'm adapting to the time, but just wondering why it's doing that. Thanks sharon

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Had 3 1- is finished. 2&3 are 2- 6mths, 3- 5-6 wks. box reads ICF-C1T

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Since I bought the 2nd one, 6 weeks ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't think so I've never done this before, please have patience

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
10/6/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I'd like to help with the problem, but please tell me a bit more: by being '5 minutes fast', do you mean the clocks gain 5 minutes every day? or that they are simply 5 minutes ahead, all the time, of the real time of day?