Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a DVD recorder that needs repair. I have gone to the…

Customer Question
I have a DVD...

I have a DVD recorder that needs repair. I have gone to the Sony site to find an authorized service repair in Edmonton, Alberta, but the site won't link to a provider. Can you give me a list of authorized service providers?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It is a RDR-HX750 that I bought about eight years ago.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It will not record from a television or cable box. I have tried loading DVD + R discs and DVD -R discs to record onto but to no avail. Also, the dubbing feature does not function. Every time that I load any type of disc, the machine states "No disc".

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that is about it.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
10/6/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Are you getting this if you try to play a disc back as well?