Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Lost keys.... S # BD-372229. Model # CSW 3910 9 years just…

Customer Question
Lost keys.... Technician's Assistant:...

Lost keys....

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

S # BD-372229

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Model # CSW 3910 9 years just yesterday

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I replaced the batteries, but the button push in & no keyes

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
10/5/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

The key lock on these is a secondary lock, not an alternate lock, meaning you need both the key and the combination (if the key lock is pushed in) to get it open.

You will need to replace the keys to open it at this point.

Unfortunately, this is not something you can simply get online, for obvious security reasons, otherwise anyone could break into your home or steal your safe and then just retrieve the code to open it, rendering the safe useless.

What you'll need to do is fill out a form, have it notarized (to prove ownership) then send it in (along with a check) to Sentry. They'll mail you back the original keys.

You can get the form here: https://replacements.masterlock.com/media/resources/notary-form.pdf

There are instructions on it for sending the info in by mail, or you can pay the fee online and fax/email the form after it is notarized.

I'm sorry there is not a quicker resolution possible, this process is in place to ensure security, so that not just anyone could get a code or key to your safe.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2rRmuH2 and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,