Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a CSW4747 Safe S/N BW300809 and need instructions on…

Customer Question
I have a CSW4747...

I have a CSW4747 Safe S/N BW300809 and need instructions on how to change user combinations.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

The make and model are SemtrySafe Fire-Safe Advanced Electronic Lock model number CSW4747 Safe S/N BW300809

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just need to change the entry numbers to limit entry by unauthorized people. I have not been able to find any instructions anywhere and cannot seem to get a product manual.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really. If I can get an instruction sheet I can go from there. I just don't want to mess things up trying to change them.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
10/6/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
This safe can have its user combinations changed, if you have the factory code to authorize all such changes.

See page 6 of this manual in PDF format, which Home Depot claims is for your model of safe, the CSW4747:

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdfImages/63/632d927f-a3ad-46f3-a082-abad643d3ceb.pdf

Note: the factory code is to be found on the back side of the original owner's manual for the safe. (Otherwise, if you don't know it, you will have to apply to Sentry Safes to have the factory code released to you.)

If you have any other problem, or need further help or information, Reply and let me know and I will continue to assist you.

Russell H., Service Tech