Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My tracfone won't turn on. I don't know the make and model…

Customer Question
My tracfone won't turn...

My tracfone won't turn on

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

I don't know the make and model it is an LG. No problem before this.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Four days I can't troubleshoot it because it won't turn on

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
10/5/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me the make and model of the tracfone please?

Thank you

I have no way of knowing the make and model as it isn't on the outside. All it has is an LG

Thanks

Can you connect the charger and hold the volume UP and power buttons for 7 seconds then release

Does it then come on?

I don't know what kind of scam this is, but
i only agreed to a $5.00 refundable charge, and am going to contest this unauthorized charge.The phone quit working, so
I expect you to fix it for no charge.

ah ok, sorry but this is a paid service and we do not work for free (this is out livliehood)

Thank you and all the best resolving your problem

No one works free except Santa Clause, but I was not informed of an additional charge, and that is illegal and unethical.

Ok, it does indicate costs when you make the question (other customers see this)

But as I mentioned, no problem, you can speak to customer service on costs

And all the best