Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a sentry safe that is permanently open as we have…

Customer Question
I have a sentry...

I have a sentry safe that is permanently open as we have forgotten the code is there a way to be able to use it?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?

Lots of numbers BD735292

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It belonged to my father who is deceased and is just taking up space so I thout I might try to figure out how to us it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No not really

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/5/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

To clarify, you need to get the default combination for it correct?

The only way to retrieve the original, factory-set combination and / or key for your safe is by following the directions at the webpage below. You will need to provide your model number and serial number, in addition to some other information. The reason for this is you need substantial proof the safe is your's, else anyone could make contact and request for a combination which would falter the security and really make the combination worthless.

The process you start from is here

https://www.sentrysafe.com/CustomerCare/Lost_Your_Combination

As you can see, you will also need to fill out a notary form to confirm safe ownership and prove your identity. Just click on 'Download Notary Form' from the link above, or for your convenience, you can also easily access it here:

http://www.sentrysafe.com/pdfs/NotaryForm.pdf

Once you submit your information to Sentry, it should take about a week to receive your combination from them. You can request expedited service, if available.

If you need to contact Customer Care Center for any further questions or information, you can do so with the information here:

https://www.sentrysafe.com/ContactUs/Call_Or_Email_Us

For your convenience, here are Sentry's Customer Service phone and Fax numbers:

Customer Service: 1-***-***-****

Fax:(###) ###-####/p>

The hours are 9AM - 6PM Monday through Friday, Eastern time, but are subject to change.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Customer Service