Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a TD 280 .. 33 - 45 turntable...many years old, but…

Customer Question
I have a TD...

I have a TD 280 .. 33 - 45 turntable...many years old, but still OK provided I can secure a new belt. Can you supply a belt for this model please ?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Thorens TD 280 Turntable...many years old .. perhaps 20 + years

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have replaced belts over the years and feel it is time...I am presuming the belt is stretched...the belt presently installed keeps slipping of the spindles each time I try to activate

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you... I think I just need to buy a new belt

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/5/2017
Electronics Technician: Kraig, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Kraig
Kraig, Engineer

Hello and good morning.

Yes, over time the belt tends to stretch and continually slip off. You can get a replacement belt for about $10 at Turntable Basics by clicking here and scrolling down to your model turntable.

I hope that my answer has been helpful. If so, please select 3, 4, or 5 stars and click Submit so that I can be paid for helping you because we do not get paid automatically.
Thanks for using JustAnswer and have a lovely day.