Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I:M TRYING TO SEND IN MY RCA TABLET FOR REPAIR AND LOOKING…

Customer Question
I:M TRYING TO SEND...

I:M TRYING TO SEND IN MY RCA TABLET FOR REPAIR AND LOOKING FOR THE PROPEE FORM TO FILL OUT.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

RCA PRO10 TABLET PURCHADED IN 1/23/11 I TALKED ON THE PHONE TO SOMEONE WHO GAVE ME THE CODE # 5510 AND SAID IT COST 30 DOLLARS FOR A REPAIR TO GET THE BATTERY WORKING

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

MY T.V.?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I PLUGGED IM MY TABLET LAST NIGHT BUT IT DIDN'T TAKE THE CHARGE AND THEN IT SAID TO PLUG IN THE CHARGER BUT THE CHARGER Was in. I tried it with a different plug and charger but noth

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
10/4/2017
Electronics Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 8 months ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hi:
I'm Gina and I’m a moderator for this topic. Please read the following message very carefully. :)
It looks like your question may have been meant for a different company, possibly RCA.
We, JustAnswer, match people with questions to Experts with answers in areas like Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Financial, Legal, Home Improvement and more.
I would be happy to try to assist you in finding the web address of the company you are looking for if you can confirm that for me.
Please let me know if you want to continue or cancel your question and I'm happy to further assist you.
Best,
Gina-Moderator
Please help me
I need to get form
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Do you know which model tablet you have?

product #rct6203w46 rca pro10 tablet
are you still online with me?

Yes your reply just came through, thanks

why do I keep getting text messages that I have a response and to got to a url when I am on the line with you?

There are a few repair options for these tablets, but I would expect the cost to be considerably more than $30, you can't buy even the battery part for that cost, and when you factor in labor it will typically be around $80.

Given the age of the tablet, and the overall poor reputation of rca products (these tablets rarely last for more than a year), I would not consider it worth fixing.

If you really want to, I'd recommend sending it in to mission repair: http://www.missionrepair.com/RCA_10_Tablet_Repair_Services_s/1320.htm

As an alternative, I would recommend buying a new tablet from a better quality brand, for example you can get a kindle fire with more features, better quality and a fresh warranty for the same price range as repairing this one (or less if you get a smaller screen): http://amzn.to/2z0liEC

Best regards,

Maybe you can speak with the rca person I talked to at(###) ###-####who quoted me $30

If that is what they are offering you, I would call them back and ask for the specific forms or packaging needed. Though I'd be amazed as rca support is virtually non existent and I've never seen them actually service anything, only under warranty and even then they replace with refurbished parts rather than repair. I'm betting the person you were talking to was misunderstanding and thinking your device was under warranty and that they were going to charge you a $30 shipping and handling fee to send back a warranty product for exchange.

I have no control over their service or support so I can't tell you what to do to get service from them. Even for the 30, the tablet is at an age where I simply wouldn't consider it worth the investment when you can buy a new and better model for $40.

I do have a product protection. the date 12/04/14 and it was a 2yr protection plan

If you have an extended warranty (though a 2 year plan purchased in 2014 would be expired at this point), that is something you'd want to pursue through the warranty plan provider. That is not likely to be rca directly, it is probably a 3rd party warranty through a company like assurion or warrantech or squaretrade. Do you have the protection plan documentation?

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?