Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Sharp projector and the ballast lamp driver is

Customer Question
I have a Sharp...

I have a Sharp projector and the ballast lamp driver is dead. Is there anyone who sells generic as Sharp don't make them anymore

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

12 years old XZ-V200E

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

It is a projector

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It is with a technician now and they told me of the problem, but they just rang sharp

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
10/4/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 10 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

There are no generic ballasts that will work in this projector, however you can get them from Encompass Parts by special order.

Ensure you enter the part number of your existing ballast to get an exact match, as different part numbers exist for your model.

Here is the link to one of them:

https://encompass.com/item/6053802/Sharp/RDENCA088WJZZ/Unit

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
Or you can type your rating on your question page if you have any difficulty with the rating system.
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------