Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I cannot get my re,ore control volume to work: it just

Customer Question
I cannot get my...

I cannot get my re,ore control volume to work: it just stopped working

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

The tv is 5 Year’s old 63” tv #pn63b660t2f

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

10 min have unplugged tv for 60seconds also took batteries out of remote also volume bar shows changes. Just nothing happens with volume

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
10/3/2017
Electronics Technician: Kraig, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Kraig
Kraig, Engineer

Hello and good night.

I am sorry to hear that your remote has stopped working.

You said that you took the batteries out of the remote and put them back.

Have you tried changing the batteries just in case the ones now in the remote are dead? Please try changing them and tell me if that solves the problem.

I have done that already plus the remote shows volume going up & down but nothing happens
The volume bar goes up & down. On tv when I use remote but volume does not change

That is quite odd. Never heard of that happening before.

Does the volume change when you use the volume buttons on the TV?

No but if I go into cable menu volume section I can. Get the volume to go up or down
I got it to work

Ok great. Now you're back in business.

Have a good night.