Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Sentry combination safe that won't open after I…

Customer Question
I have a Sentry...

I have a Sentry combination safe that won't open after I enter the code. The green light comes on but the handle won't go up or down. Any suggestions on what the problem is and how I can get in to get my extra car for?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?

I don't see the model number. Where would I find it?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just for about the last half hour. Like I said the green light comes on and I'm sure I am entering the correct code.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so. Like what?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/2/2017
Electronics Technician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 10 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hello, and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you with your safe issue today. I will ask you questions that I will need specific answers for. With your help, finding out what is right with it, is a step to eliminate what is wrong with it ......sometimes it may be one of a hundred things but together with your patience we can work toward a goal to get this issue resolved.

What is the make SENTRY and model number of your safe? Do you have a manual?

Do you know the correct combination? Do you have an override key?

Were the batteries (not rechargeable ones) changed?

When was the last time you successfully opened and closed the safe?

What happened that made it go from working to non-working?

If by some reason a resolution to the problem just isn't possible, I will do my best to supply you with any remaining options, from what other resources I can find.

Since we take pride in our good reputations, and you might feel the need to choose a bad service rating, I ask that you stop and consider replying back to me with any of your concerns.

Please always allow me time to prepare information for you. In case I have to go offline I am always checking back to keep things moving and expedited.

And thank you for your help and assistance

eddie

Thank you Eddie. Unfortunately I had to go out so I am not at home, I don't have tbe answers at the moment and will have to get back with u later today after my husband gets home. I couldn't find the manual but he probably knows where it is,

that's great ...........sure whenever you can ..I will be here for you

I believe the problem has been fixed. My husband changed the battery and was able yo get the safe open.

good I am glad you are up and running again ............if you need anything home improvement wise....... construction…….decorating...... or any kind of repairs etc....... please look for me

Customer/p>