Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

In March 2016, I purchased a Panasonic KX-TG454SK cordless…

Customer Question
In March 2016, I...

In March 2016, I purchased a Panasonic KX-TG454SK cordless phone system for my mom. About 1 1/2 weeks ago apparently there was a short in the electrical outlet in the wall that melted the power supply for the base unit to the wall socket. The # on the AC adaptor is PNLV226Z and I have not been able to find a replacement. I did purchase a new Panasonic cordless system KX-TG785SK and found that the power adapter PNLV226-OX works fine to power the base unit and all the phones so they do work. I adapter says it is 120V and 5.5V for both the old and new systems. How can I get a new power adapter with the right angle plug? I want to take back the new phone system (everything is still in the box, have only used the adapter) as the old one does work if I can get an adapter. My mom is 96 and she knows pretty much how to use the old answering base unit. The new one would be too confusing for her and it is expensive. Thank you,

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

I bought it at Costco March 2nd, last year. So a little over 1 1/2 years

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Less than 2 weeks ago her phones quit working. I finally found that the main plug to the base unit melted into the wall socket. It took maintenance men where she lived to get the plug out. They had to replace the plug in the wall.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No, just can I get a replacement power adapter.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
10/2/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 10 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

I have the power adapter for you on my link below

https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-KX-TG454SK-KX-TG465SK-KX-TG684SK-Bluetooth/dp/B01MXHFDHV

It is currently in stock and available for immediete purchase.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

and if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you