Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I need a new bulb for my projector. Do I need the casing as…

Customer Question
I need a new...

I need a new bulb for my projector. Do I need the casing as well?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

The model is HD23. It is three years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It has had a new lamp about 18mths ago. I need to have one just in case it goes.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
10/2/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Engineer
While it is possible to get a bare lamp it is not recommended as the additional cost to purchase the complete unit with the lamp housing is not much more. If you have to change the bare lamp yourself it is very easy to damage the lamp or housing in the process and potentially cost yourself a lot more in the long run in addition to ending up with a poor picture. If you need help with a source to purchase the lamp let me know. Thanks Nathan

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?