Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have two fobs for my k40 radar system. One has AAA

Customer Question
I have two fobs...

I have two fobs for my k40 radar system. One has AAA batteries and one has AAAA batteries. Neither of them work. Which battery is supposed to operate the fob?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

I don't know the make or model...is there some place I can look? I bought it and had it installed in 2010

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have no control over the radar (volume, on or off) for about 6 months. I opened the fob and saw that the batteries (AAA) leaked and replaced them but they still didn't work. Then I found another copy of the fob in a drawer that looked brand new (I probably put it aside when I bought the unit in 2010) and it had AAAA batteries in it but it doesn't work either.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Can I replace the fob and how do I find the make and model number of the K40 unit in my car?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
when are you going to call?
I have been waiting for your call for 8 hours! You took all my credit card information and said a call was imminent. WHEN are you going to call???
10/2/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 10 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

We will need to know which remote you have.
Can you see a model number on the K40 remote?
Most K40 remotes require a CR2032 cell battery, not AAA or AAAA.

I would like a call at(###) ###-####and the codes on the inside of the fobs are: SY 8-08 abd SY 10-07.
I sent you the codes inside the fobs. Again, they are SY 8-08 and SY 10-07. I would still like a call. Do NOT charge my credit card until I get a satisfactory answer!

Sorry for the delay; I cannot find any information on these remotes - can you please attach a photo of them, showing the model number marking if possible?

Here are the numbers for the third time. I did not know you charge extra for a phone call so DON'T CALL! This is the most expensive, laborious non-helpful site in history. DO NOT charge my credit card unless I get some kind of helpful answer!!!!

Thanks for the photos, I see the problem now - those are not the model numbers - they are manufacture date codes.

Can you see a model number anywhere?

No I'm sorry...there are no other numbers on the fobs. Is there somewhere I can look on the actual unit that might show it?

Could you attach a photo of the front cover of the fobs and I will try to identify it?

Thanks for the image!

This is a Calibre remote, and it used 2 x AAA batteries.

If your remotes are no longer working with fresh batteries and clean contact terminals, then you can get a replacement remote from your local dealer:

http://www.k40.com/dealer-locator/

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.