Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My Samsung HL-S6167W/HL keeps shutting off. The bulb is new…

Customer Question
Second opinion] my Samsung...

Second opinion] my Samsung HL-S6167W/HL keeps shutting off. The bulb is new and the safety switch is taped closed.

Technician's Assistant: Has your Samsung done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It did it a couple times just before the bulb went bad. I replaced the bulb a couple weeks ago and it just started doing it again. It only stays on for 20-30 minutes.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I vacuumed the back of the set and taped the safety switch closed. The TV is 11 years old.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I replaced the bulb with an inexpensive one

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 2 days by:
10/3/2017
Electronics Technician: Rusty, Customer Service replied 10 months ago
Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Do you still need help with this?

please
Hey Rusty, you still there?