Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

MY CONTROL 4 SAYS HDMI ON THE SCREEN CANT GET IT TO SEE THE…

Customer Question
MY CONTROL 4 SAYS...

MY CONTROL 4 SAYS HDMI ON THE SCREEN CANT GET IT TO SEE THE CABLE BOX ETC

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact make and model of your tv? And how long has this been an issue?

I HAVE A SONY PROJECTOR AND IT HAS DONE THIS BEFORE AND FIXES ITSELF . MAKES NO SENSE

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I RESET THE ENTIRE SYSTEM AND MADE SURE NOTHING IS DISCONECTED. WHEN I USE THE CONTROL 4 REMOTE I CAN SEE THAT IT IS WORKING THE VARIOUS THINGS CONECTED TO IT . I SEE THE LIGHT ON THE FRONT OF EACH UNIT TURNING RED

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

THIS HAS BEEN AN ISSUE AND IM STARTING TO THINK THAT CONTROL 4 NEEDS AN UPGRADE . IT HAS DONE THIS BEFORE AND OUT OF THE BLUE IT STARTED TO WORK AGAIN

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
10/1/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 10 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

How old is your Control4 system?

Have you recently had any power outages or thunderstorms?

I haven't heard back from you yet - please reply and let me know if you still need assistance with this.