Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I just bought a GE antenna that is supposed to get me some…

Customer Question
I just bought a...

I just bought a GE antenna that is supposed to get me some local tv stations with my Igsignia tv. I checked my manual but can't figure out how to add the additional channels I am supposed to be able to get. Can you help me?

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Insignia is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is several years old and it works just fine. I would like to be able to get additional channels if possible.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I just biught the new GE antenna yeaterday and have been trying to follow the manual carefully, starting with page 19 o my manual. IIt refers to my setup wizard which I don't understand and can't find any reference to setup wizard in the manual.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that's it - would be very appreciative if someone can help an old lady get Judge Judy, etc.!!

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 10 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I to hear of any issue.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Name & Number of the TV you are working with?That should be on the back of the TV - on a sticker/label. Also verify the model matches any model printed on the manual you are looking at.

2) What area are you located (city/state, or zip code)?

3) Has a different antenna been in use already - for receiving TV stations over the air?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you see ANY requests for "additional services" - such as a phone call - please understand that these are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment. Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

I use the library computer and do not have access to the info you wanted re TV model etc. I am in Las Vegas 89134. I have been using a RCA antanna which gets me only PBS, Create and two spanish language stations. I will have to try again tomorrow after I have written down the info you wanted. Do I have to charge another $5 to get the answer?
I am not sure I want to risk another $26. It looks as though I just got charged $5 for nothing. Is that true?

OK - if you just leave this question open and log back in tomorrow, you should not be charged another deposit fee.

But we will need to know the exact model of the TV, and it might help to know the model of the antenna too - or at least the TYPE (indoor, outdoor, etc.).

You MAY be seeing one of the "additional service" request - which are OPTIONAL.

Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Ok. thanks. I'll get the infor you want to try again tomoorow. loggng inti Just Answer (which I have never used before).

Very good.

Just log back on when you have that information and we can continue from that point.

I'm here almost every day to help, and will be notified when you post again on this message thread.

Take Care, Greg A.

When we communicated, I didn't realize that Insignia has a support website. They have now helped me. I think I should get the $5 charge reversed or canceled. Otherwise. I just won't be approaching Just Answer again.

Hi again,

Its good to hear that you got the system working again - with the help of the other site.

If my input helped in ANY way (sometimes asking the right question leads to a solution), please consider rating my service at a high level (5-star is my goal). This is how I am compensated for the time spent with you, and how I help support my family.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Take Care, Greg A.

(im)