Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

What handsets work on phone panasonic kx-tgf383m? I have 6…

Customer Question
What handsets work on...

What handsets work on phone panasonic kx-tgf383m? I have 6 and cannot get a 7th to register.

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

It is a rebuilt purchased this month from Amazon

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have never been able to get the an additional one (#7) to register. Thwe other works fine. All I know to do is press the locator switch for 5 seconds, then cradle the extension.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Yat is all I can think of.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This isn't a matter of the handset model, but the number of handsets. These systems can accommodate a maximum of six devices (any combination of handsets, range extenders, and key finders). It is not possible to add 7+ to it, as that is the limitation of the base stations channels and memory. You could expand by purchasing a 2nd system with a new base station and have additional handsets paired to it (it would need its own phone line connection still) and run the 2 systems in parallel however. You could get another of the same system, even with just 1 or 2 handsets so you could use those extra handsets you already have, here: http://amzn.to/2yODfpe

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2rRmuH2 and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

That is all. I have tried to find out the maximum number of sets, and received an answer of ten.

That is not correct, though many retailers have incorrect information on their product pages, the max is 6.

Directly from the manual for this model:

Handset (optional): KX-TGFA30 You can expand your phone system by registering optional handsets (6 max.) to a single base unit

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Nathan, Engineer