Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Where do Isend my lumixDmc-ZS-40 for lenses repair. It gets…

Customer Question
Where do Isend my...

Where do Isend my lumixDmc-ZS-40 for lenses repair. It gets stuck when projecting. How long will it take and how much does it cost? ***** *****kins

Technician's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Technician's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require). What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Panasonic Lumix DMC – ZS 40, approximate two years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I am pretty sure it just has dust or dirt in it from my trip to Africa. Happening over last year off and on. Happens usually after I have telescoped out and then try's to retract,but tells me to shut off camera and try again.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/29/2017
Electronics Technician: Michael Hannigan, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Michael Hannigan

Hello. My name is***** will be helping you with your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and respond.

Is this something you think you might fix yourself? I can give you the instructions for the repair, along with a link to a replacement lens. It will cost you less than sending it out, and the repair isn't all that difficult. It requires disassembly of the camera, but this model is mostly modular.

What I'll do is give you a link to the instructions first, so you can see what's involved. Then if you think you will want to do it, let me know and I can find the part for you. If not, I can refer you to a place to get it repaired. I'm just not sure that having it repaired would be cost-effective. But either way, we'll get it done.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Panasonic+Lumix+DMC-ZS40+Camera+Lens++Replacement/86155