Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Can I obtain operating instructions for Hitachii 250 GB?

Customer Question
Can I obtain operating...

Can I obtain operating instructions for Hitachii 250 GB? online ?

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Hitachi is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

No, but I have the s/n. 1scn3ynl

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I trying to find a computer file which maybe was saved to this device.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/29/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
What computer did you save the file from, please, a Windows PC, or an Apple?

apple MacBook pro

Thanks for the response. What measures have you tried, to attempt to find the file on the*****

no helpful or useful information/answer provided.

I will provide help, if you can let me know what the details of the problem are, please.

I am 100% dissatisfied!!!!!!!

Try this:

1. connect the hard drive, wait a minute or two

Then prepare the drive for indexing by going to System Preferences (in apple menu, if nowhere else),

then click the blue Spotlight icon under the Personal heading

then click the Privacy tab at the top of the Spotlight window.

And click on the name of your external drive (if it is not on the list, go to step (2) and you may skip the rest of this step...), then click on the minus button ( - ) to remove

it from the Privacy list for Spotlight searching.

2. Double click on the drive's icon, to open its window

3. and then in the Finder, hold down CMD key and hit the F key. Then release both keys.

4. It will appear in the Find window.

5. Click on the hard disk, to highlight its name in the Find window.

Then it should be searchable, I hope. But you might have to index the external drive first, perhaps.

If that doesn't work, try using Find Any File, which does search external drives.

no help -- not 100% satisfied

I regret to say I've done *my* best, ***** ***** being sure of how it went, I have no more to offer myself, except to Opt Out, opening the question to other Experts here, one of which will hopefully take up the case.