Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I'm having difficulty getting my new 5600 to function at…

Customer Question
I'm having difficulty getting...

I'm having difficulty getting my new 5600 to function at all. I don't care about Snapbridge. Frankly, I don't care about anything except getting my 5602 point-and-shoot. Never had any problem with my 10-year-old Nikon, or the one before that. Please help

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

D5600 just out of the box

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

No troubleshooting am trying to get it to take a photo

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I am only interested in using this as a second camera and want to get it to point and shoot. Bought it from Amazon and it is only giving me instructions in some Eastern European language

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/29/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 10 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

What happens when you try to take a photo with the camera?

What goes wrong?

Am never getting to the stage of taking a photo. I inserted the battery, put the camera on auto, camera doesn't focus or take a photo. I am an experienced photographer but only with older Nikons. I just want to use this camera for pointing and shooting as a second camera. I just want to get it to function that way. Not interested in Snapbridge.

I understand and snapbridge is not needed, it is just an added extra you can ignorre.

But I need to know exactly what is happening now on the camera, what do you see on the sceen of it?

I see the AF area brackets . at the bottom of the screen (and this for the first time) I see a blinking F---, and ISO auto 225, and a ?

ok, thats the settings.

So now try to take a photo and tell me what happens please