Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I am dubbing vcr tapes to dvd which I have done before but…

Customer Question
I am dubbing vcr...

I am dubbing vcr tapes to dvd which I have done before but now when I press the dubbing button nothing happens. The red light flashes for a few seconds then stops. I have set up the vcr to dvd. Any ideas?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Funai wd6d d4413db and it is about 6 yrs old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

A few days ago. I have set up the settings about ten times, tried different blank dvds cleaned the vcr head

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I did this exact same thing about two years ago with no problem

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/29/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 10 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the recorder (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the unit, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please