Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I discovered the door of the freezer compartment on my

Customer Question
I discovered the door...

I discovered the door of the freezer compartment on my Samsung RS21FMNS fridge/freezer open and, naturally, things had started to melt. I closed the door but 5the light in the screen remained blinking. This happened again this afternoon. I disconnewcted the apparatus, restarted and now the freezer seems to be stuck at 3C, as well as the fridge . Any ideas?

Technician's Assistant: Has your Samsung done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Never and it is abo0ut 10 years old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

This is the first time this has happened and there are no trouble shooting suggestions applicable in the User manual.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that's about it.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/28/2017
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 10 months ago

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

Please, note that you can click Reply to Expert to reply to me. A rating is only needed when we are finished.

The temperature display will continue to blink until the temperature in the refrigerator is below 59 degrees Fahrenheit. It may take up to 12 hours for the temperature to level off at what it should be.

Have you waited at least 12 hours already?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason

No. It has, in fact, only been 30 minutes and the temperature is at -1C (we don't do Fahrenheit in Europe). And, apparently, I have been charged 36 euros on my Amex card when it was supposed to be $5. So, to say I'm unhappy is a large understatement.
I shall be cancelling this payment on my Amex card.
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 10 months ago

I will send in your refund request. Thank you.