Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have been a subscriber, if that term is appropriate, for a…

Customer Question
Hi! My name...

Hi! My name is***** I have been a subscriber, if that term is appropriate, for a number of years. I now have a problem that appears every so-often. My television receives no reception. Whatever channel I choose, there is nothing. I think that I need help synchronizing my VCR and my Comcast box. Thank you, ***** *****

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

Panasonic TH-42PX75U. ROUGHLY 4 YEARS OLD. COULD BE OLDER.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

ABOUT 5 DAYS. Tried setting and reconnecting to no avail.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you, John. This has happened a couple of times before, and you guys have always rescued me!

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/28/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 10 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model numbers of the "... VCR...Comcast box..."

Additionally, please describe how these devices are interconnected using what kind of cable(s).
And to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

Well, I just got it to work. Exactly how, I don't know. My television is a Panasonic High Def Plasma, model TH-42PX75U. I have a Motorola VIP 1232 Box, provided by SureWest, which is now ConCom (Consolidated Communications). Whraat I need to remember when this occurs is to go to the far left TV/Video button on the front of the TV. When I hit it, I will see: 1. TV/Video, 2. Component 1 TV, 3. Component 2 TV, 4. HDMI 1, 5. HDMI 2, 6. Video 1, and 7, Video 2. Today when I got to HDMI 1, it worked, and I am now able to watch television programs. I have yet to become adventuresome and try something wild and crazy like watching a disc. In the past I have had no problem recording and playing recorded programs. Hopefully, that will still work, since I have some Cal football games to record. Thank you for your help. It seems that things are OK now. Craig Stevenson,***@******.***

Great! Good to hear that the issue has been resolved, congratulations.