Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I need to make a recording for voice mail. Can't remember…

Customer Question
I need to make...

I need to make a recording for voice mail. Can't remember how......help please.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It IS old. # is KX-TGEA20

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I moved a couple of months ago. I don't know (remember) how to set it up.....I'm 81 yrs old. THAT says it all....

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No; that's it...

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/28/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 10 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Panasonic main/base unit.

Please confirm "...recording for voice mail..." would be for the phone company's VoiceMail service? ...or perhaps meant the Panasonic's built-in answering machine.
And to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.