Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Pioneer elite sc65 will not turn on after power outage, 2…

Customer Question
Pioneer elite sc65 will...

Pioneer elite sc65 will not turn on after power outage, 2 blue leds lioghts blinking. How do you reset?, .

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Pioneer is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About 3 years old. Sc65

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just happened a week ago. found some info on the forum that oworked for others. Typically holding advanced surround and on button or tone button.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/28/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 10 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Try leaving the receiver powered off and unplugged for an hour or more.

Then try powering it on again.

If the 2 blue LEDs continue to blink then this confirms that the power circuit inside the receiver has failed, possibly due to damage resulting from a voltage surge after the power outage.

Let me know if the power reset works for you?

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.