Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a voice telling me not to shut down, I have avirusI &

Customer Question
I have a voice...

I have a voice telling me not to shut down, I have avirusI & to call windows tech support

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Hp, a few months.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Desktop 270-a016 Just started about 3 min. ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No , I just need to get help. It tells me not shut down.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/27/2017
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 8 months ago

My name is ***** ***** and I look forward to assisting you today.

They are telling you to not shutdown because once you shutdown, that message will be removed and gone forever. In short, you can simply press and hold down the power button on the computer until it turns off and then turn it on.

That is a very common scam that the scammer criminals use. These people will call you, masquerading as Microsoft Techs, HP techs, or some other type of techs. They will then do their best to make you believe that you require their help in the way of remote support, customer support, software support, or something of the like. In the end, if you fall for it, you will be out hundreds of dollars.

If you gave the scammer any banking information, please contact your bank as soon as possible and report the scam so that they can block the payment to them. Also, you may wish to consider contacting your local authorities and reporting this crime, if any payment was made.

Please, let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Rating me on the top of the page doesn't cost anything extra. Rating is how I am given credit. If you don't rate, doesn't give you a refund.

I would really appreciate it if, you could take a moment and rate me on the top of this page by clicking the Stars and clicking the Submit button on the top of this page.

Thank you,
***** *****

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with "For ***** ***** Only!"

My Profile page:

http://JasonFixedit.com

Electronics Technician: Jason Jones,
 replied 8 months ago

There is no need to create duplicate tasks. Please, read what I posted above. Thank you.