Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I am unable to get a dial tone. It is Panasonic phone model…

Customer Question
I am unable to...

I am unable to get a dial tone

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It is Panasonic phone model TG6431 I see a date of 2008 on the booklet

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

This problem occurred over night. The electricity is getting through to it because the lights work and it is behaving normally except for no dial tone.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I have disconnect the reconnected the tel line at the phone base and the wall jack.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/27/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?

I have two phones and can't get a dial tone on either. This is a landline from a local ohone company

Are the other phones part of the panasonic system, or is it a separate corded or wall type phone?

I prefer a conversation. call me at(###) ###-####

I would be happy to talk by phone, but that is not included in the chat service you've already paid for. We can continue here if you'd like, or if you wish for a call you may click the button to accept that additional service/fee.

I think I better quit now and try to solve my problem locally or go buy another tel cord.. No offense, Nathen. It's just that I am not knowledgible about electronics and am 86 years old and not confident you can help me with what little help I can give you. Sorry. Could I void my free offer or am I stuck with the $5 on my credit card?

Well the fee was never 5, that was only the deposit to post your question. That fee has been paid to the site already to cover my time spent trying to help in good faith, as we are all independent techs here on our own personal time.

I think I can help you here, I just need a bit of basic information.

Can you clarify if the problem is happening only on the panasonic phone, or also on another phone too?

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?