Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My phone has quit accepting incoming messages. The massage…

Customer Question
My phone has quit...

My phone has quit accepting incoming messages. The massage waiting light flashes continuously. But when I click on messages it voice tells me I have no new messages. I know for a fact that people have left me a message but it doesn't get to me. I have tried unplugging the phone and replugging it in and when I do check for messages the CID in the left hand corner of my screen disappears. What should I do. Thanks Sue Tangeman

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

It is a Panasonic and the model is KX-TGA931T

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

For several days-since Sunday evening. I have gone to the menu and checked that the settings were all active VM access number which I do not know and don't know that I ever knew I had one.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/27/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

When you pick up the line do you hear a few beeps or a fast/stutter tone prior to the dial tone?
Do you normally check messages by pressing the play button on the base statoni?