Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a HD130 Wierless headphone for tv watching. The right…

Customer Question
I have a HD130...

I have a HD130 Wierless headphone for tv watching. The right side does nod work . Help

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Sennhauser HD130

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

A while, I can't do anything to make the right side work

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/27/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 10 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Both sides will only work if connected to a stereo sound source.

Does your TV output in mono or stereo sound?

If mono then you will only hear sound through one side.

Try connecting to a stereo system to confirm that the headphones are working ok.

The thing is that they worked very well at least six months and then suddenly they quite working in the right side. I don't think it is the TV because I have a less expensive senn houser set that works OK. I prefer the HD 130.

Ok, if your TV is capable of outputting stereo sound then that rules it out.

Are the headphones connected directly to the TV, or to a different unit that is connected to the TV?

(This will help determine what sound control settings may need adjusted).

Did anything occur before the problem started?

(e.g. was new equipment added or any wiring changed, or any settings changed?)

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.