Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My tv has a blinking red light...blinks 4 times...have

Customer Question
My tv has a...

My tv has a blinking red light...blinks 4 times...have unplugged numerous times...still persists

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Sony Bravia @1 year old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just started...have unplugged all the cords and put back numerous times ..will say android then the red light comes back on

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No..I guess that's it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/27/2017
Electronics Technician: Jack, Technician replied 10 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.

A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;
Also ,Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?

Xbr-65x900c

Sorry but was out when you replied and If you received a $26 phone offer or any offers they are automated by the website ,NOT BY ME , I`m an independent tech. and have no control over those and I`m not available for it at this time although another expert here may take you up on that when it gets posted to the board

Let me check this model number , be right back

How old is this tv by the way ?

I get 2015 , does that sound right and do you have an extended warranty ?

What i have on this blink code would be a defective LED driver board ass`y which seem to be common on this model/serie

If you were to work on this yourself then that board can be bought here for $22 ; http://www.tristatemodule.com/15ST024M-A01-Sony-LED-Driver-Board-15ST024M-A01-p/15st024m-a01.htm

But if this tv is under an extended warranty then this would be a good time to claim it

I will close that phone request as we won`t be using it , you may see a charge for it but it will be credited when i send it in as incomplete /canceled

Actually there wont be any charges whatsoever , your CC company declined them

If that answers your questions for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post ,
Also you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .