Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Consumer Electronics

Bought a Sentry Safe at an Estate Sale. The door was

accidentally closed with combination inside...
Bought a Sentry Safe at an Estate Sale. The door was accidentally closed with combination inside. It is about 18 inches wide 24" tall. Has a combination and handle on door. It is black with decorative gold trim around it
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I have failed to find it. I wonder if it was painted over it.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The safe was open, and someone closed it accidentally. They tried to remember the combination, but obviously didn't. I called locksmith and he would charge $400. I am a 77 year old widow. Cracking safes are not in my bag of tricks.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is all I know. I can send a picture of safe. I have looked on the side, by the hinge and on the bottom but did not find model and serial number
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/26/2017
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

You can request a new combination code online here: https://replacements.masterlock.com/lost-combo

or you can call over the phone at 1-***-***-****

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Customer reply replied 1 month ago

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I see I have been charged on my credit card for your help. I still have not talked to anyone. The site you gave me asked for serial and model numbers which I DO NOT HAVE and I said as much in my initial request. How can I rate you? I have had no help.

Did you call the phone number listed above?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will rate this site, not the expert. Nobody has answered my ORIGINAL question. WITHOUT SERIAL OR MODEL NUMBER OR COMBINATION, HOW CAN I GET IN SAFE?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can send photo if you will provide email address.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I called and she sent me to a site that asked for serial and model number again!

Unfortunately, you will need the serial number then if Sentry is requesting it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That is impossible. I bought the safe at an estate sale. It was accidentally closed with combination inside. I should have been told it was impossible without serial snf model number

I apologize that the estate sale did not tell you that you could not reset the combination without the serial number.

Josh, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I doubt they knew it. A church was handling it. You need not apologize for them. But I would think prof
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Professionals would be aware of this.
Josh, Technician