Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Having a problem opening my safe. I own the

Customer Question
Having a problem opening...

Having a problem opening my safe . I own the residential/hotel safe. when I put my code in it comes up E-CODE and after 2 times if come up HOLD 05. I moved in May and cannot find the override key PLEASE HELP Linda Harvey

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?

Yes, I have double checked the code. I bought it at Costco on Nov.1016 and their item number was #991192 or CA100ES. I looked on line and I think it looks like the 100ES.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I was on vacation for 2 weeks returning on Sept 18, and when I tried to open it the next day it wouldn't open. I put my good jewelry and some credit cards in it before I left so I'm really upset.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks foe your help.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/26/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
What is the maker name of the safe, please? is it Sentry, American Eagle, Honeywell, Brinks, or some other brand, please?

Sentry Residential/Hotel safe

OK. Do you have the bill of sale for the safe? i.e. are you the original buyer and owner of this safe, please?

I purchased at Costco in Nov. 2016. I don't have bill of sale , but I'm sure Costco can provide me with one.
The(###) ###-####is a cell phone , the land line is(###) ###-####

OK, I advise you to contact Costco at once, and try to obtain such a bill of sale from them, first of all, then. It will be needed.