Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a safe xo41e model safe and I am trying to reset my…

Customer Question
I have a safe...

I have a safe xo41e model safe and I am trying to reset my code and the instructions mention hitting the prog key or p key but neither of those is on the face plate of my safe. Am I missing something

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?

Xo41ejo760174960g

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just today. But bought the safe about two years ago so o don't have the owner manual anymore. I wrote the main code down the 17500 and downloaded the PDF manual from the website and it keeps mentioning a prog button or "p" but there isn't one

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope that's it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/26/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

What instructions are you following? It is not possible to "reset" the code.
Once the code has been changed, the original code cannot be used again to open the safe.

To open in an emergency:
Remove the cover between knob and keypad, then use the override key and turn it clockwise. While holding key in turned position, turn the knob clockwise to open the door.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance at all.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need anything else.
Pete.
--------------------

Pete, Electronic Engineer