Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Help me increase the number of ring tones, before voice mail…

Customer Question
Please help me increase...

Please help me increase the number of ring tones, before voice mail is activated

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Approximately, 10 years old. Model #KX-TGA224W

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

1 week. Troubleshooted with AT&T, my service provider, but they could not help, because I don't have a voicemail acct. with AT&T. My Panasonic phone was purchased with Voice Mail component already installed.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/26/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

OK, to increase the # of rings before your Panasonic phone's built-in voicemail picks up, do as follows: .... (I am typing in the solution...) ...

Take your phone, then press

MENU

then dial

# 2 1 1

then use up and down arrows to select the setting you want, and then press

SAVE

then press OFF.

The # of rings can be set from 2 to 7 rings before the answering system picks up.

(If your phone offers the 'toll saver' option, that's a special-use feature and not relevant to this problem.)

I hope this answers your question! let me know if you need further help.

Need a phone call to my cell phone,(###) ###-#### Not able to complete your instructions. Please call me ASAP. Robert Trotter

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

At what point do the instructions fail to work, please?

Please call me ASAP. Unable to complete your instructions to answer my question.(###) ###-####(c)
Thank you,
Bob Trotter

Try these instructions, for a slightly different model of phone:

(1.) On the handset phone, press MENU.

(2.) Then, scroll with up- and down- arrow buttons, to

INITIAL SETTING

and press SELECT.

(3.) Then, scroll with up- and down- arrow buttons, to

SET ANSWERING

and press SELECT.

(4.) Then, scroll with up- and down- arrow buttons, to

NUMBER OF RINGS

and press SELECT.

(5.) set the number of rings by pressing a number from

2

to

7

for 2 to 7 rings (the range of rings-before-answering that you can set on this phone.)

(6.) then press SAVE. Then press OFF.

That should work. Let me know if it does, or if it does not, please.