Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

How can i transfer photos from my panasonic lumix camera to…

Customer Question
How can i transfer...

How can i transfer photos from my panasonic lumix camera to my pc step by step

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of the camera? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Panasonic-Lumix-Dmc-Sz10.html new

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Every advise i find in google

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/26/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
1. connect a USB cable to the camera.

2. plug the other end into your computer's USB port.

3. wait 2 minutes - you should hear, or see, some reaction to this, esp. at the lower right corner of your computer's screen, or near it.

4. if there is no reaction whatever, then stop here and tell me, how old is your printer?

5. if you have installed software for the camera on your computer, it should open, sensing the camera attached to the computer. But if you haven't, I can recommend what to do. Let me know, and I will give you steps 6, etc.

my computer is new . i dont know if it has any software unless it came with the computer

OK... computers usually do not come with camera software. So it will need software for the camera put onto it. Please tell me, what Windows is on the computer - Windows 7, or 8, or 8.1, or 10 ?

This software for Lumix cameras, free from Panasonic, may help:

http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/support/global/cs/soft/download/index.html#pfs

(and this might be of interest, and is also free of charge:

http://av.jpn.support.panasonic.com/support/global/cs/soft/download/d_lumixtether.html

and it is called Lumix Tether.)

If the camera is not recognized by the computer, check whether another USB port will work with it - and also, if the USB cable is at all old or used, it might be that the USB cable has gone bad and needs replacing. These cases both happen on occasion.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help you further.)