Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a Panasonic TC-P65S60 TV. Would like to update the…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a Panasonic TC-P65S60 TV. Would like to update the firmware. downloaded it and put it on a SD card, per directions. Now I need to know where the SD card slot is on my TV! :)

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

2013. Make model noted above.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I am trying to turn the TV volume to off and use a soundbar.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope. thanks

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/26/2017
Electronics Technician: Shahid_Sony, Technician replied 10 months ago
Shahid_Sony
Shahid_Sony, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- Just curious, would you like to share any specific reason to update TV firmware?

I am trying to turn off the TV sound and have audio through a Sonos Playbar, and control the volume and tv on the Comcast remote.
it looks like the firmware has that capability since I can't find it on the current firmware.
am I still connected with you Shadid?

OK, this TV doesn't have SD card slot, however, it does have USB ports so copy the firmware file on USB flash drive and plug it in USB port of TV to proceed with firmware update.

This TV also have builtin wifi and LAN port to connect it to internet to get firmware update.

thanks!!!

It needs to use Digital Audio Out port on back of TV to connect external sound system with an optical cable and TV menu should have TV Speaker option in audio/ sound menu to select external speaker option that will enable digital audio out port on TV.

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

I have teh optical cable connected. the current version of firmware does not have the selection for external speakers, and I am hoping that the firmware update will have this needed feature. thanks.

OK, please check Setup option of menu as well for speaker selection.

Wish you the best~

Do you any further assistance with this question?