Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

The answering service has disappeared nd i donot have the…

Customer Question
The answering service has...

The answering service has disappeared nd i donot have the manual to re set it. Can you help me? I have ewcorded the message on all the three handsets but it still tells me it is not initialized. what do I do?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

One of the hand sets shows kx-yga470c

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

About three weeks. i have had this phone since 2012 i think and moved once and cannot find the manual. i am not a techi wizaard and i re recorded the greeting on all the three hand sets

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/26/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 10 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Panasonic main / base unit.
And to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

the model no. on the base unit is kx-tg4771c. I have only re recorded the greeting on all the three hand sets

Let's determine the actual issue.

First, please use your cellphone and call the number of the KX-TG4771C.

Note and post back the actual message heard on your cellphone.

There is no phone no. On kx-tg4771c. What do I call?

Sorry, I meant your home phone / land line.

Let's try again; disconnect the Panasonic's telephone wires and AC wall adapter.

Then use your cellphone to call your home phone (even if the Panasonic is still disconnected).

This is for test purposes.

Determine / note what happens.

Thanks.

Not now

I understand.

When conveniently able then.

Thanks for your help but this was a provider issue.Thanks

I understand.