Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

My Xfinity phone landline does not ring_I have a Panasonic…

Customer Question
My Xfinity phone landline...

My Xfinity phone landline does not ring_I have a Panasonic Bluertooth 6.0 Plus phone

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Since the new service was put in over a week ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it for now

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/26/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

Are you able to make calls out on the phone? If you try to call what then happens?

Please let me know

I can call out but phone does not ring when someone calls in

Ok, do you see it recieving the call on the screen of the phone?

nothing on phone but new voice mail on primary phone console

thanks

Please remove the power to the base unit and the batteries from the handset

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power to the base unit, put the batteries in the handset and tell me if it then functions correctly.

Please let me know the results

Thank you

Still not working-I can call out but phone doesn't ring after 10 + minutes disconnected

Can people actually call you though?

Not unless they pick up by accident
no ring or any indication that someone is calling

ok, while it is ringing, press volume up on the phone to turn up the ringer.

Do you then hear it?

no it doesn't

Does it show as maximum volume?

mAx volume

Thanks

It is the ringer speaker that has faulted, this is the only cause left

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard-Must be an xfinity problem-since I bought a new phone thatstill doesn't work-yet my old rotary phone gets a ring-
old touchtown phone ringd

On the back of the Xfinity box is a reset button on a hole, can you please push and hold the reset button in for 5 seconds then release.

Tell me if it then rings please