Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

How can I unblock a caller? PNLC.1050. This has been

Customer Question
How can I unblock...

How can I unblock a caller?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

PNLC.1050

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

This has been happening for several weeks, we we not sure how to troubleshoot the problem.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, we are receiving a lot of rogue calls and we cannot block them off our land lane phone. The # I want to unblock is a relative, we are not sure how this # was blocked.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/26/2017
Electronics Technician: Eric, Technician replied 10 months ago
Eric, Technician

Hey there! my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I will do all I can to provide you with excellent service and answer your questions as quickly as possible. While I take a moment to read over your question, please read the following:

• The offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept a request for one if you wish, but you do not have to.
  • Please keep this browser open, so that we do not lose contact. If you close it, open your email to find links back to this question.
  • I will continue helping you until your question is 100% answered, please ask as many follow up questions as you want to

Good morning! Give me just a moment to type out your instructions.

OK, thanks

Please take two seconds to rate my service before you leave today at the top of this page. Remember it is my service you are rating and nothing else. If you feel my service has been anything but excellent, or you have follow up questions, please let me know before rating :)

Bookmark this link to ask me questions directly in the future: http://bit.ly/AnswersByEric

1. On your handset, press [MENU] #217
  2. Use the up and down arrows to select the number you want to edit/remove
  3. Once you have the number, choose [ERASE]
  4. Use the up/down arrows to select [YES] then [SELECT]
  5. Now press [OFF] to save changes
Also, I want to make sure that you can tell me how to block unwanted rogue calls. We are not able to block these by using the block method you have mentioned above.
am I under a free trial for 30 days?

With these phones, you cannot block numbers unless they have already called you, and you add them to the call-block list manually--and you can only store 30 numbers in there. It is not possible to block random numbers that have not called you before.

To block a number once it has called you:

1. Press the down arrow to show the number in your caller ID
  2. Press [MENU]
  3. Use the arrows to choose [EDIT] - keep pressing edit until the number shows in the 10-digit format
  4. Press [SAVE]
  5. Use the arrows to select "Call Block" then [SELECT]
  6. Use arrows to select "Yes" then [SELECT]
  7. Choose [SAVE] then [OFF]

I am not sure what you signed up for, I am just an IT support expert who is credited with helping you once you rate my service to you :)

OK, I will do what you have suggested to me. I want to print this page before exiting. I will do this now. Thanks for your help.

NO problem! Please do not forget to rate my service before you exit, after you print!