Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

Is there a software upgrade for VideoCam Suite 3.5 suitable…

Customer Question
Is there a software...

Is there a software upgrade for VideoCam Suite 3.5 suitable for Windows 8.1

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Panasonic SDR-S71 camcorder approximately 8 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

The software disc will not load

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

The software worked ok on Windows 7

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/26/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

It is marked as compatable with windows 8 so it should work with windows 8.1

What exactly happens when you try to install it?

Please let me know

IT WILL NOT LOAD
The software will not load on windows 8.1 Is there a program that will support this camera?
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 7 months ago

Can you tell me the error you get when it fails to load please?

I don't get an error, it just appears that it will not talk to windows 8
Is there a solution?
far I have paid $46 for no solution ??

I need more detail from you please....

Tell me exactly what happens when you try to install it

I get a response that the O S does not support this application. Even if it is installed it may not operate correctly.

ok, instead of double clicking the icon to run it, right click it and choose Troubleshoot compatability

Follow the steps there and tell me if it then installs please.

Richard, Customer Service