Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

We have the Avr300. The projector works fine because I've…

Customer Question
Hi we have the...

Hi we have the Avr300. The projector works fine because I've bypassed the DVD player however with the DVD player in hmvdi1 the Telus tv decoder in hvdmi2 and the projector in 3 and still no picture but audio I've come to e conclusion the the projector hdvmi3 port has failed. Is is a likelihood? And if I transfer to port4 will it automatically reassign? many thanks

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

AMp/receiver is a Harmon/kardon avr300

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Started att a week ago haven't used since. Have taken the projector hvdmi lead directly to Telus decoder and then to DVD player and both work fine regarding a picture

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Just whether the source output can be reassigned to the spare 4 port tried but didn't work but unsure if this required manual assignment thank you

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/26/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you clarify which hdmi ports you are referring to? If you mean hdmi port numbers on the back of the receiver, would you please recheck the receiver model, as the avr300 has no hdmi ports so you may have a different device there.

Just found the owners manual. It shows AVR3600, audio/video receiver. Does that help? The person who was helping me with this is at work now, and I will show him this when he gets back.

Thank you, ***** ***** does help as it is a much different model.

It sounds though like you just have some incorrect connections here, you should have the projector connected directly to the "monitor out" (the gray shaded port) hdmi connection on the back of the HK. It would not be possible for the projector to work on hdmi123 or 4.

Please try again with the projector on the monitor out port and let me know the results.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.