Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I am having trouble getting my printer to print. Things I…

Customer Question
I am having trouble...

I am having trouble getting my printer to print. Things I have typed and saved I have been able to print, but when I try to print a document (instructions for crocheting a hat) my printer just makes some musical sounds, but doesn't print.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is an HP Photosmart a-m or something like that. It is at least 10 years old, I'm guessing, and has been working properlyy until now.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

There is a long story. I was in the hospital for a long time, and didn't use my computer at all for quite a few months. As far as I can remember the thing was working properly before I went to the hospital. So this problem just started is my belief.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know what it would be. Oh, yeah, I've had the Geek Squad remove viruses and correct some problems just last week.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/26/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 10 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

hang on. let me check something.
Yes, I still have the problem.

Do you see any error messages?

There are some things in my text message that I don't know what to do with.

Do you see any error messages?

no
Okay. I'll wait patiently.

Please restart your computer and let me know if you have the issue after the restart

Sorry. I'm not computer literate , or phone, so it takes me a while. Be patient with me.
I'm going to have to end this call. I have a 4 year old that needs my attention. Thanks for trying.

Sure; no problem.