Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

When phone is turned on (by pressing the TALK button) and…

Customer Question
When phone is turned...

When phone is turned on (by pressing the TALK button) and volume is at the highest, can not here the ring tone. I have a new panasobnic cordless teledphone

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

KX-TGDA51. JUST PURCHASED THE PHONE. YES HAVE ALWAYS HAD THE PROBLEM

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

5 DAYS

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/25/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

To clarify, you hear no ring tone at all when someone is calling correct?

Please let me know

CAN NOT HERE DIAL TONE

So you cannot call out at all?

I CAN

ok, but then you mean you cannot use the speaker phone?

CAN NOT HERE THE DIAL TONE WHEN I PICK UP THE PHONE
CAN DIAL TONE BE INCREASED MORE THAN 5 BARS?

No sorry, that is the maximum, but do you hear it at all?

NO, WHAT IS YOUR ANSWERS

thanks

Please remove the power to the base unit and the batteries from the handset

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power to the base unit, put the batteries in the handset and tell me if it then functions correctly.

Please let me know the results

Thank you

SAME RESULTS, CAN NOT HERE DIAL TONE. NOTE WHEN I PRESS SPEAKER BUTTON I CAN HERE A DIAL TONE. IS THERE ANY WAY TO SET THE PHONE UP SO SPEAKER PHONE IS ALWAYS ON?

No you cannot, but if you press the speaker and dial a number, does it ring out?

Ok, and when the person picks up, you can talk to them over speaker? And hear them?

Richard, Customer Service