Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I have a sentry safe (V260) that I haven't used in a few…

Customer Question
I have a sentry...

I have a sentry safe (V260) that I haven't used in a few years and I do not remember the combination. I have the keys that came with it and I replaced the four small batteries as they were corroded. The safe is empty. How do I open it and reset the combination?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

It is 8-10 years old and is a V260.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I just started trying today and I have tried every combination I might have used!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I just hate to just throw the safe away. I have a larger Sentry safe I have been using for the past years.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/24/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

First, if the batteries were corroded, the battery compartment, especially the metal terminals for the batteries, will need cleaning, even if they look clean.

This is best done with cotton (or rag cloth) moistened with rubbing alcohol. Once the terminals are shiny again, let them dry for 5+ minutes, then put in the batteries - with proper orientation with regard to + and - poles.

As for the combination: do you have the original manual for this safe?

And do you have the original bill of sale for this safe, in your name ?