Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I HAVE A TECHNIcs sx kn5000 AND THE MONITOR SCREEN HAS FADED…

Customer Question
Hi! i HAVE A...

Hi! i HAVE A TECHNIcs sx kn5000 AND THE MONITOR SCREEN HAS FADED AWAY - CAN THAT BE FIXED?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

IT IS kn5000 AND IS ABOUT 10-12 YEARS OLD, i THINK

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I JUST STOPPED PLAYING AND thought about selling/dumping it - but it is such a shame çause it is a great instrument. This problem happened very suddenly and quickly - after a long time I pulled it from under the bed and tried again - the screen responds to brightness and seems to be functional as I vaguely can recognize what is written - but that can change and I have to look very carefully!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No - that is all I can think of

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
Question: where could I take the instrument to for repairs in our area, australia, QLS area 4215
9/24/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 10 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

In your area you can contact:

MUSIC EXPRESS

Westfield Garden City

Upper Mount Gravatt, QLD

Telephone: +61 7 3849 7088

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------