Consumer Electronics

Electronics Repair Questions? Ask an Electronics Technician

I had to get a new phone. I want to register my kindle on my…

Customer Question
I had to get...

I had to get a new phone. I want to register my kindle on my new phone. I had done this on my last phone. I have had an Amazon account since 2011. Registration will not accept my pass word which I want to keep.

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

Just bought two weeks ago.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

No trouble shooting, just trying to register.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No, except my new phone is a windows phone as was my previous phone.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Consumer Electronics
9/23/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 11 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I can instruct you as to what to do. Let me know what sort of new phone it is - Samsung, iPhone, Android, other? and I will give you instructions.

Android windows phone.

OK, step one is: go to this Google Play page, and download the Kindle For Android app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?hl=en&id=com.amazon.kindle

Then, step two is:

Open the Kindle for Android app.

Tap on 'Start Reading.'

Enter your Amazon account information when prompted: the username/email for your Amazon account, then the password ***** that Amazon account.

Tap on Sign In.

Does that produce good results?

Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 10 months ago

Since I have not heard back from you, I am assuming that my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution.

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will advise you further.)